The Maxwell Quartet is emerging as one of the top young chamber ensembles from the UK. At this crucial early stage of the quartet's career, we need your help. If you would like to consider joining our team of Supporters, we'd love to hear from you.
How can you help?
The first major way in which you could help us is by offering financial support. We rely on your support to help cover costs such as:
• travel expenses
• away-from-home costs such as food and toiletries
• music purchase
• instrument maintenance such as bow rehairs and new strings
• website and promotional costs
• coaching and mentoring
• fees for competitions
• recording costs for entries to competitions
How we use any funds would always be discussed closely with the donor.
If financial support is not really viable for you, but you would still like to help and to be involved, there are other ways we would appreciate your support.
• Financial and promotional expertise - we are trained musicians, who are learning the art of running a business and promoting it, from scratch! - if you have expertise in this area, we would be very grateful for your time and advice relating to how to run the business and how to continue to present ourselves in a way that ensures our continued success.
• Provision of venues and rehearsal spaces - we are always looking for a space to rehearse, whether it be in a good-sized living room in Glasgow or London, or a ‘retreat’ space outwith the cities (often getting away together gives us the best opportunity for development) - if you think you can help us with this, and wouldn’t mind a very polite quartet working in your property, please do contact us! Similarly, if you think you have an ideal venue for us to perform a concert, however small, we’d love to hear from you.
• Tell your friends - the more people who know about us, the more likely we are to find the support network that we need to help us forward. If you have press contacts or contacts in the financial sector for example, we would love your help to find support in these areas. We have plenty of material in the form of high-quality videos, recordings, images and other press related material and will be only too happy to provide you with these to help the search.
What can you expect in return?
• ‘Sponsor’ status: we would ensure that your name/business appeared on our website, and all promotional material. Where possible (ie where we control the production of programmes) your name would appear in our programmes and our biography. An acknowledgement could be made verbally at concerts as well as in writing.
• Exclusive access to recordings and videos: we would be able to send you material such as latest releases before they go on sale publicly, and can provide you with multiple copies.
• Performance at private events: we would happily discuss the possibility of performance at any event you would like, whether at your home or for a private function.
•Education and Outreach work: we would be very happy to be involved in workshops whether for young persons or old, and any outreach opportunities.
• Invitation to events throughout the year: We would aim to hold a ‘Friends of the Quartet’ event once a year, which would consist of a performance from the quartet, followed by food and drink and an informal chance to get to know each other. This may well also be tied in with more formal discussions where relevant, but generally all discussions with supporters about ways in which they can help and what rewards they would be interested in would be had directly with the quartet throughout the year.
If you are interested in supporting the Quartet, please contact us via the Contact section on our website. We would love to hear from you!